Schaeffer's 722 SynShield Ultra Performance 10W-30 CK-4 Diesel Motor Oil (5-Gallon Pail)
722 SYNSHIELD™ ULTRA PERFORMANCE SAE 10W-30 API CK-4 SynShield™ Ultra Performance SAE 10W-30 is a premium advanced performance, synthetic plus, heavy duty diesel engine oil specially formulated to provide maximum protection against wear, oxidation, deposit formation, soot contamination and aeration.
SynShield™ Ultra Performance SAE 10W-30 is built for on-highway and off-highway applications that are subjected to severe stop-and-go, excessive idling, short haul and/or severe duty operating conditions.
SynShield™ Ultra Performance SAE 10W-30 exceeds the requirements for API heavy-duty diesel engine oil Service Categories: CK-4, CJ-4, CI-4, CI-4 Plus and older. The product is particularly suitable for use in 2007 and 2010 emission complaint engines that utilize heavy EGR and exhaust after-treatment devices such as Diesel Particulate Filters (DPFs) with or without Diesel Oxidation Catalysts (DOCs) and Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR). SynShield™ Ultra Performance SAE 10W-30 can also be used in lower emission certified diesel engines that are equipped with EGR, older non-EGR containing diesel engines, and off-highway diesel engines.
SynShield™ Ultra Performance SAE 10W-30 provides the following performance advantages:
- Superior wear protection– 85% less wear than conventional CJ-4 oils
- Superior thermal and oxidative stability resulting in a greater resistant to viscosity thickening and the formation of deposits, sludge and varnish on critical engine parts
- Superior protection against deposits – 77% greater soot-handling than conventional CJ-4 oils
- Excellent soot dispersency for protection against soot overloading
- Enhanced detergency and dispersency to provide high temperature piston cleanliness.
- Superior engine cleanliness
- Longer filter life and excellent protection against filter plugging especially during high soot conditions
- Exceptional valve-train wear protection
- Exceptional ring and liner wear protection against wear and contamination that results in improved oil consumption control
- Improved fuel economy benefits and excellent fuel economy retention even under the most severe and harshest operating conditions
- Excellent protection against oxidation and corrosion in the presence of biodiesel
- Excellent shear stability for stay-in-grade performance throughout the entire oil drain interval
- Excellent cold cranking startability and low temperature pumpability to ensure the engine oil reaches critical engine parts faster in colder temperature in order to minimize wear
- Low ash formula helps protect exhaust catalysts and particulate filters on low emission vehicles
- Superior low volatility characteristics to control oil consumption
- Excellent protection against oil aeration and foaming Excellent resistance to corrosion
- Superior resistance to corrosive and abrasive wear Excellent gasket and seal life Prolonged after-treatment (DPF and DOC) life
- Longer drain intervals for lower overall maintenance costs
- Increased engine life and durability especially for older model engines
- Improved overall engine durability and reliability
- Minimized total cost of operation
Further blended into SynShield™ Ultra Performance SAE 10W-30 are two proven frictional modifiers, Micron Moly®, a liquid soluble type of moly, and Schaeffer Mfg.’s own proprietary additive Penetro®. Once plated, these frictional modifiers form a long lasting, slippery, tenacious lubricant film, which prevents metal-to-metal contact and damaging frictional wear which results in:
- Increased fuel economy.
- A low coefficient of friction.
- Significantly less bearing, ring, piston, cylinder and valve-train wear.
- Increased engine efficiency, durability and life.
Less downtime with reduced maintenance SynShield™ Ultra Performance SAE 10W-30 meets and exceeds the following manufacturers’ specifications and requirements:
API Service Classifications CK-4/CJ-4; Military Specification MIL-PRF- 2104K; ACEA E7-12; ACEA E9-12; Global Specification DHD-1; Caterpillar ECF-3; Cummins CES 20081, CES 20086; Detroit Diesel Power Guard Oil Specifications: DDC93K218 and DDC93K222; Deutz DQC III-10 LA; Ford WSS-M2C171-E, WSS-M2C171-F1; JASO DH-2; Mack EO-O Premium Plus, Mack EOS- 4.5; MAN 3275, MAN 3575; MB 228.31; MTU 2.1; Renault VI RLD-3, RLD-4; Volvo VDS 4, VDS 4.5; Navistar; John Deere; CHN (Case-New Holland).